Kanya Shiksha Yojna
A girl’s education changes everything
We believe we can make a difference and education can be our guiding light
- Maulana Abul Kalam High School, Dharavi
- Swami Vivekanand School, Malad
- Swami Vivekanand School, Dahisar
- Gaurav Girls Inter College
Kanya Shiksha Yojna Intervention in School helping underprivilege girls enrolled back to schoolBeing statistically enrolled into a formal school does not ensure a growing rate of literacy in a country, given the numerous other conditions that lead to a huge percentage of drop-outs from all the schools, the statistics of which might go unnoticed. Thousands of children are still far away from a healthy educational environment with an unbelievably huge number of children leaving education midway and many other suffering from low learning problem.
The reasons for low learning include –
- Non-availability of professionally trained teachers
- Adverse Pupil teacher ratio (which is as high as 41:1 and 54:1 in certain states)
- Infrastructural limitations
- In high number of cases, the socio-economic factor and home environment that detrimentally affect a child’s learning, growth and development.